Department of Physics
Welcome to the Torino University Physics Department homepage
The Academic Bodies of the Department, which is responsible for the organization and management of research and teaching activities, performance, contracts and agreements are:
- Director: Prof. Ermanno Vercellin
- Department council
- Department board
For the organization and management of assets, the organs of the Department take advantage of the work of Standing Committees or temporary instructors (Rules of operation of the department).
Address: Dipartimento di Fisica
Via P. Giuria, 1 - 10125 Torino
Telephone: (+39) 011 6707429 (Main reception switchboard)
Pay attention: due to the temporary movement of the office, the number to call is:+39 334 2172209
Contact numbers for individuals are available from the University of Turin phonebook
Fax: (+39) 0116707020
Administrative staff contact
- International students
- International Professors, Scientists and Researchers
- International Office - Hub of Science of Nature
How to reach us:
- From Porta Nuova railway Station: in front of the train station take tram 9 direction Torino Esposizioni to the stop Giuria Est (about 10 minutes trip) or bus n. 67 towards Failla and stop in Valperga Caluso (about 10 minutes)
- From Porta Susa railway station: take subway direction Lingotto and get off at the stop Nizza ; continue going along Via Nizza and turn right at Via Valperga Caluso. take right and go ahead for 400 meters.
Who we are
The Physics Department of the University of Torino was created in 2011-2012 from the merge of the Departments of General Physics , Experimental Physics and Theoretical Physics. The Department is located in Via Pietro Giuria 1 in an enviable position overlooking the Parco del Valentino.
The Department promotes and coordinates teaching and research in the field of Physics. The Department supervises the courses relative to the undergraduate and graduate degrees in Physics and the undergraduate degree in Optics and Optometry. Teachings for various other degree courses are also held in the Department. The Department is also responsible for the Physics and Astrophysics curriculum of the PhD School in "Natural Sciences and Innovative Technologies" and the Specialization school in Medical Physics.
In the Department there are educational, informatics and research labs, classrooms, staff offices and meeting rooms, a high performance computing centre and the Torino Section of the National Institute of Nuclear Physics (INFN). The Physics Library and the Museum of Physics of the University of Torino are also located in the Department.